Beside commercial software for data visualization own software has been developed at
the Institute for Thermal Turbomachinery and Machine Dynamics during the last years.
The mostly used programm is named VIEWER. This Programm is a post-processor tool
for steady as well unsteady numerical data on structured grids. The powerful
OpenGL library was used to obtain a fast image generator for each flow insight.
The main features of VIEWER are:
- the ability to open CFD standard datafiles
- fast "marching cube" algorithm for iso-surfaces
- drawing index surfaces in various alignments with transparent shading
- texture mapping on arbitrary surfaces with bitmaps
- different lightning models
- flying through datasets on arbitrary defined trajectories